Our quick start guide to setting up and starting with the XRAI Glass app on the XREAL (Nreal) Air AR glasses
Once you've installed and set up the XRAI Glass app from the Google Play Store, there are a few extra steps to get you up and running with your XREAL AR Glasses!
- Connect to the internet/cellular data network
- Make sure your phone is connected to the internet before launching the app for the first time. While the app does offer offline subtitling, it's recommend you stay connected whilst in-use for the best performance.
- Before connecting your glasses
- You'll need to download and install the Nebula app from the Google Play Store. After opening the Nebula app for the first time, you'll be prompted to register an account - either register a new account or use an existing account you already use by clicking on Continue with Google.
As soon as you're logged in, you'll receive several prompts to allow the Nebula app to access your camera and microphone. It's important to allow these, otherwise the AR glasses will not be able to capture and display conversations.
When you open Nebula, you will need to agree to certain permissions as listed above, as well as stop Android from optimizing the battery usage.
- Connect your glasses
- Once you've gone through the initial prompts, simply connect your glasses to your Android compatible phone (via the USB-C cable) - you'll then be able to select AR subtitles when using the XRAI Glass app.
As soon as this is done, you'll reach the home page of the Nebula app, which will have two options: AR Space and Air Casting. (Both will appear in purple when Nebula and the glasses have properly been connected).
- AR Space enables you experience apps in an immersive 3D space, and is the best way to experience XRAI Glass.
- Air Casting enables you to mirror your smartphone display to the glasses, either as a full screen or as a side screen.
- More on what the difference between screen casting and AR can be found here.
For quicker set up for when you plug in the glasses to your phone, follow the steps here.
Tip: For AR users, open the Nebula app, select AR space, then launch the XRAI Glass app directly from your glasses while wearing them or quickly swipe over to the XRAI Glass app from your phone's menu without closing out the Nebula app.
In the XRAI Glass app, you will see AR subtitles appear in Orange once AR Space is activated first in Nebula app. If it is appearing greyed out, that is due to Nebula's app not being activated first.