Using XRAI Glass on Android phone with TCL NxtWear S Glasses
Once you've installed and set up the XRAI Glass app from the Google Play Store, there are a few extra steps to get you up and running with your TCL NxtWear S Glasses!
- Connect to the internet/cellular data network
- Make sure your phone is connected to the internet before launching the app for the first time. While the app does offer offline subtitling, it's recommend you stay connected while in-use for the best performance and setting up for the first time especially when you are using the Premium or Ultimate plan.
- Confirm your Device
- Only applicable if you have a Samsung phone:
- If your phone is running on Android 13：To enter AR mode, please go to Settings, find the Connected devices, select Samsung DeX, turn off "Auto start when HDMI is connected" and "Exit DeX".
- If any other phone and you have trouble getting it to load up, and it is stating DEX, be sure to ensure that DEX is disabled in your Settings. Best to search online for 'disabling DEX in [your phone model].
Download the Companion App from the Google Play Store
- You'll need to download and install the TCL AR from the Google Play Store.
You will need go into Settings on your phone and allow all permissions as follows in order to activate AR with your glasses.
- Hovering App (see below on the prompt you will see when you first set this up)
Set up the Glasses
- Put on your glasses and plug the glasses into the phone and click on OK to proceed on the prompt below.
- Click on the TCL AR app on your phone
- The glasses' AR screen will load up to TCL's main page along with the phone.
- While keeping TCL AR app running in the background as you've activated the glasses first in TCL app, then quickly swipe over to XRAI Glass app as you will see AR Subtitles appear in Orange and you will then be able to click on AR subtitles to begin subtitling.